Karen Barry West
Family Law & Divorce Attorney
Karen West provides her clients with the experience, enthusiasm and compassion one would expect from an individual who chose her profession after a major life transition. Karen attended and graduated law school after working for many years as a teacher. She has gained extensive experience over the last 16 years in all areas of family law. Karen is also trained in Collaborative Law for those couples who wish to pursue a non-contested divorce in a more amicable setting without court intervention. Karen is passionate about helping you find a positive result to your case. For more information about our family lawyers, divorce attorneys, adoption lawyers and criminal defense attorneys, please contact Cleary Wagle & West for a consultation.
- American Bar Association Member
- Kansas Bar Association Member
- Wichita Bar Association Member
- Family Law Committee Member
- Inducted into Kansas Supreme Court
- Inducted into United States Supreme Court
- Certified as a member of the Central Kansas Collaborative Family Law Group
- 2 years of internship experience
- 12 years in practice, all exclusively in the area of family law
- B.S. State University New York at Oneonta, Cum Laude 1975
- M S. State University New York at Albany, 1978
- J.D. Washburn University School of law, 2000
- Received Litigator of the year award from the Washburn Clinic upon graduation.
- Has received specialized litigation training from the American Academy of Matrimonial lawyers.
Sampling of Practice Strengths
- Extensive litigation experience in all family law matters
- Long term marriages/one spouse little or no earning power
- Custody/Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Fathers requesting equal access to their children
- Paternity Cases
- Spousal Abuse
- Protection from abuse
- Trained in Collaborative Law for parties who choose to negotiate their divorce amicably without litigation or court intervention, please see www.collaborativelaw.com for further information.